Special Make-up Effects - SFX - Our team of professional makeup artists will walk you through the process of applying and properly coloring prosthetics or other injuries whether they are translucent or opaque.
Special Make-up Effects (70 hours)
This new! in depth course starts with out-of.the-kit effects that are the staple of professional make-up artists. Learn their craft in a hands-on course that covers two-dimensional and three-dimensional techniques to simulate injuries and other effects. In addition, learn how to apply the latest materials used by prosthetic make-up artists. Our instructor will walk you trough the process of applying and properly coloring foam gelatin prosthetics appliances, silicone GFA`s foam latex prosthetic appliances and Prosaide transfers.
Injury Unit - Week 1
- create bruises with proper stippling technique
- demonstrate how to create two-dimensional scrapes and scratches with black stipple sponge or brush
- create cuts, lacerations using silicone compound
- create first, second and third degree burns and to combine them into a gruesome look
- apply raised keloid scars
- apply bullet entrance and exit wounds
- pass FX practical exam
Prosthetic Unit - Week 2
- learn about the history and innovation of prosthetic make-ups
- apply a foam gelatin prosthetic nose in 60 min
- apply silicon GFA facial prothetic in 90 min
- apply Preside Transfer prothetic appliance
- pass the prothetic practical exam
- apply multi-piece silicone GFA prothetic make-up in 2.5 hours
Who can attend: you need to have at least our Beauty Essentials (Level 1) OR you work! as a make-up Artist for a couple of years.
- December 2017 is the next course